About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 17: Crock-Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Last night while I was preparing another recipe (which I will post later) I had some time to kill and started looking through the cookbook. I came across a recipe that I had been wanting to try but never thought I had the time to prepare this. I also was waiting for when I had guests but I decided what the heck and started looking for the ingredients:) Turns out this was not hard to make and made it in about 15 minutes and woke up to a FABULOUS smelling house. You get a HUGE portion serving.  Here is the skinny: 




Ingredients:
8 cups chopped Fuji apples (about 6 apples)
2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed), divided
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/3 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread


Directions:
In a large bowl, mix apples with 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Stir to coat apples well. Transfer to the crock pot.

In the empty bowl, combine oats, soymilk, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, syrup, and salt. (All remaining ingredients except butter.) Add 1 cup water and mix well.

Add oat mixture to the crock pot, and gently stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours.

Add butter and mix well. (Do NOT forget this step. Stick a Post-it to your timer if you have to!)



1 cup: 7 PP ( WORTH EVERY POINT!)
**this is the picture from Hungry girl. Mine turned out a little mushy but still wonderful! I didn't want you to get the wrong idea:) **

~Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment