About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Skinny Saturday....ummm.....welll...kinda...sorta...Things are going to be ok:)

When I first started my blog I said I would talk about the good, the bad and the ugly...well here is goes:

This past week was a.....challenge to say the least.  I was extremely busy an only worked out 2 times and then there was Cinco De Mayo! I learned a couple things about myself that I will carry over into my healthy eating lifestyle.  This is what my WW tracking looked like when I went to weigh in on Saturday morning:

I didn't even know that points could even go into the negative!! But I WAS PROUD that I did track the good, the bad and the ugly.  I even told my husband that if I gained any weight he had my permission to comfort me with the knowledge that I didn't make the BEST food choices this week: did I really need to get the enchilada AND the toastada AND the taco? DId I need the rice AND the charro beans ( I did get charro instead of refried...Bravo sticker anyone??).  But I didn't give up hope totally....

I even wore my extra "skinny" clothes (whatever that means) and went to the WW meeting! (It did occur to me that I maybe could skip out on the meeting but what good would that do!)  I stepped on the scale, braced myself for the worst and the sweet lady whispered: 

You stayed the same this week...
What! Come AGAIN!? Can you say it louder?!

While this isn't as good as losing weight it is perfectly fine with me and I am proud to say that this was the first time in 16 weeks that I did not lose weight and I survived! Just makes me realize there is no need to eat "horrible" when the good food choices are equally delicious and don't give me heart burn:) 

Here is to a new week of eating good and living healthy...who needs you full of fat mexican food or take out pizza.  I have some weight to lose and I am eating good:)

~Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Staying the same is great too!! I think sometimes you have to splurge a little to put yourself back in check. I'm on the Weight Watchers journey also and love your posts and recipes!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete