About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 18: Exploding Chicken Taquitos

Who hasn't been to a party and had those fabulous full of flavor fat! But of course we eat them and love them. We go to the store and buy some and indulge some more:) Well I have a solution for you! I made these babies fora  Cinco de Mayo party at my office. They were a big hit!


Ingredients:
8 small (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
9 oz of chicken breast shredded
1/2 cup salsa
1/3 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
Optional: red enchilada sauce, additional salsa, fat-free sour cream, for dipping


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Remove chicken mixture from the fridge, and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning, and mix to combine. This is your filling. Set aside.

Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray, and set it aside.

Dampen two paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable.

Take one tortilla (keep the rest between the paper towels), spray both sides lightly with nonstick spray, and lay it flat on a clean dry surface. Spoon about 2 heaping tbsp. of filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll tortilla up tightly, so that you have a cigar-shaped tube. Secure with toothpicks and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.

Bake for 14 - 16 minutes, until crispy. Allow taquitos to cool for 5 minutes. If you like, dunk in enchilada sauce, salsa, or sour cream!



1 taquito: 2 PP 
I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE:(
~Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I had these a couple of weeks ago and they are awesome! Very simple to make and it's a go to when you are running out of time for dinner!

    ReplyDelete