About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Strawberry Skinny Girl Margarita!!!!

Refreshing frozen beverages are almost loaded with points plus! A couple of weeks ago I posted a great recipe for a low PP refreshing beverage!

Today I picked up a bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita mix at Specs. I had been wanting to try this for a while but not being being much of a margarita drinker I wasn't sure i would like it! But like everything else I knew it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. So I picked up this:




I used 4.5 oz, 1 cup of ice &'a handful of strawberries and blended! This awesome drink come out to 0 PP  Thanks for all the awesome comments! Y'all are totally right about the PP! I still say that 1.5 PP is pretty freaking awesome for this drink!  I figured out I could have 3 for one point!!





This was so great, refreshing and I got a little buzz from one drink:). This was too good not to share!

- Happy Drinking!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a fellow w.w. point counter and thought I'd give you a tip about alcohol and the points counter. Because the counters don't take into account the alcohol most of the time the calculator will give you the wrong points value. For example if you calculate a glass of wine it could come up at 1 point, in reality (according to WW) it's 4 - 5 points (depending on size).
    I love your blended with strawberry idea, I'm totally going to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm another WW PP counter, and here's what I've figured out for Skinnygirl Margs -- The WW calculator doesn't take into account the alcohol, but you can figure it out based on the AbV or the proof associated with the bottle. So, a bottle of SG Margarita has approximately 3.22oz of tequila (750mL @ 25.4 proof). Tequila is 2 PP/oz according to WW, so that's about 6.5 PP of tequila per bottle. Then, count PP for the mix, which comes to 3 PP/bottle. Add the two together, and you have 9.5 PP/bottle. Then calculate based on how many oz you drink. There are approximately 6.34 4oz servings/bottle, so for the normal 4oz serving, there are 1.5 PP.

    Summing up, I believe the correct calculations for Skinnygirl Margarita are:
    1 750mL Bottle: 9.5 PointsPlus
    1 4oz Serving: 1.5 PointsPlus

    It may not be 0, but it's still really low! Also, thanks for the strawberry idea. It sounds like a delicious way to get in a serving of fruit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christie for the great idea of adding strawberries to the Skinnygirl Margarita! I am going to try it this evening, should be yummy!

    And thank you to Leah & Jen for providing the info. for the WW Points Plus for Skinnygirl. I have been wanting to know the points for this drink.

    Here's to happy & healthy drinking! Cheers Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Leah, this is great! Still really low points. Glad I didn't have to burst the bubble to Christie that there's no way it was 0 PP! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Skinnygirl Margarita mix with the strawberries and ice. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this on Thanksgiving. I bought the Skinnygirl Margarita bottle and blended with ice and strawberries. All my guests (including the men) thought it was delicious and they liked how light it was.

    ReplyDelete