About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie...say What!!

I know what you might be thinking...this can't be low in points OR even a WW recipe at all! I am proud to say that it is! This is one of my favorite from WW's past.  I can't take credit for making this.  I HAVE NEVER MADE THIS RECIPE AS MY WONDERFUL, AMAZING and FABULOUS Husband has always made this. Here are the details:

Ingredients
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 10-inch round shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
  • Coat a large pot with cooking spray. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Add vegetables, broth and chicken. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
  • In a small cup, combine flour and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk; stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
  • Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange dough around inside edge of baking dish to form a border (there will be a hole in the middle). Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.

DELICIOUS: 

ONLY 6 PP!


I had about 6 points left over for the night (AFTER MY glass of white wine for 3 PP) and decided to treat myself with dessert left over from Saturday for 8 PP ( I guess-timated based on the desert)..IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT!

I am off to watch Bethany Ever After and play with my new iPhone 4!   

Happy Eating!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment