About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 16: Buffalo Chicken Wing Macaroni and Cheese



    As mentioned in various posts, one of my favorite foods is Buffalo Wings:) I found this recipe for Buffalo Chicken wing Macaroni and Cheese! Here are the details: 
      Ingredients 
      4 1/2 ounces (about 1 cup) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2-ounce serving 
      2 stalks celery, chopped 2 medium carrots, chopped 
      1 small onion, chopped 
      8 ounces cooked and shredded skinless lean chicken breast 1 teaspoon chopped garlic 1
      /4 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, divided
      1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
      2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese 
      2 teaspoons yellow mustard 
      1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping 
      1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley


    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

    Cook pasta al dente in a medium-large pot. (Refer to package instructions for exact time.) Drain and set aside.

    Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add celery, carrots, and onion. Stirring occasionally, cook until veggies have slightly softened, about 5 minutes.

    Add 
    chicken, garlic, and 3 tablespoons hot sauce to the skillet. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

    In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream, cheese wedges, mustard, and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Mix well and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.

    Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly place half of the pasta into the pan. Evenly top with chicken-veggie mixture followed by the remaining pasta.

    Add the sour cream mixture to the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with Parm-style topping and parsley.

    Bake in the oven until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.

    Serve and enjoy!

    Makes 4 servings

    1 serving: 5 PP






    While this was good it was nothing like eating WINGS or MAC and CHeese but it was the perfect substitute! I have learned that when dealing with Mac and Cheese the likelihood of it tasting healthy is pretty high.  This was one of the first Hungry Girl recipes that I felt was "healthy". My wonderful husband loved it but at this point (we are about to hit our 1 year anniversary) he has learned to always say he likes what i make:) I liked this recipe but did not LOVE it. You win some and loose some however, I would say this was a tie:) 

    ~Happy Eating!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment