About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Friday, February 25, 2011

Typical Day

On the WW points plus (PP) each person is allowed 29 points plus a day and 49 points plus a week.  Every food has an associated points value.  I am a creature of habit and when I find something that I like I stick with it until I get tired of it.  But variety is key so switching it up is important!

Breakfast
1. WW French Vanilla Shake Mix-2 PP
  1 cup of unsweetened  Almond Milk- 1PP
  1 cup of strawberries
  1 cup of blueberries
  1 cup of raspberries
TOTAL PP- 3PP

This keeps me very satisfied until lunch time which is about 11:45.  I usually take a banana to work just in case I get hungry!

2. 2 pieces of Italian bread and toast them- 4 PP
    1 tbsp of sugar free Smuckers Grape jelly- 1 PP (1/2 tbsp for each toast is plenty of jelly)
TOTAL PP- 5 PP



I also add a sugar free Red Bull to my meal which is 0 PP.  It really helps get my day started!

Lunch
1. Grilled Cheese: 2  pieces of Italian Bread (4PP), 1 slice of FF sliced cheese (1PP)- 5PP
    Progressive Light Soup- 4 PP for the entire can. They have some delicious soups that are very filling. Some of them are even 3 points for the entire can.
    Chips-3PP.  I tend to subsititute the chips. Just make sure you count the serving size. My favorites include the new Special K Chips- 3 PP for 30 chips! I have to admit, these are an acquired taste. But check them out if you are looking for something new to eat. They look like this:
I also have discovered WW dijon flavored pretzels. These are also good snack.  If you are looking for quantity then the Special K chips are the way to go:) 

I really have not looked around for any other options because as I mentioned above I am a creature of habit and the above mentioned lunch works perfect for me during my 1 hour lunch. 

Deserts/Snacks
1. 1 cup, strawberries, sliced up-0 PP
    4 tbsp of FF Whip-0 PP
    Total- 0 PP
This tastes alot like strawberries and cream. This is a great afternoon snack!

2. Frozen grapes- 0 PP
3. Sliced Oranges
4. Jolly Time Popcorn- 100 calorie popcorn- 3 PP for the whole bag
5. Green Tea- 0 PP: there are so many awesome flavors and green tea is so good for you. I just started drinking it regularly and drink about 5- 12oz glasses a day. I get my necessary liquid as well as a great source of antioxidants. Green tea also helps curb your appetite. I have never been a hot tea drinker until I tasted Green Tea with Pomegranate.  I just picked up a box with green tea with Mixed berry, honey, mint, lemon, peach and mango! All for 0 points.  I have read different articles about green tea speeding up your metabolism as well. I will try to post some soon.

After Dinner Sweet: WW Ice Cream Candy Bar- 4 PP. My husband gets the Snicker Ice Cream Bars and they look and taste just the same EXCEPT the WW ones are bigger and less points!

I will post what we had for dinner tonight: Parmesan Chicken Tenders with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Alexia French Fries! YUMMMY!

Happy Eating!

Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment