About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dinner with our Families

Last night we had dinner with our parents. Daryl's mother ( who is an awesome cook) made this amazing lasagna and mini apple pies (they were shaped like apples with apple pie inside).  My mom made a fabulous colorful salad! It was sooooooooo good.

 I knew that this wasn't going to be made with the ingrediants that I would normally choose so I planned ahead and made it work. That is one of the key thing for Weight Watchers. You don't have to deprive yourself and are able to enjoy the wonderful food that comes your way..in portions.

I also made "Herbed Parmesan Crisps". They made for a great appitzer to our Italian Meal. I also made sure I portioned out my food and ate the wonderful and colorful salad that my mom made. It was more PP than I normally would eat for my dinner but as mentioned above I planned and portioned.

Here is the reciepe for the Herbed Parmesan Crisps. I also made it with mozzarella cheese. These are awesome if you love cheese like our families do!



Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or coat with cooking spray).

Place scant tablespoons of cheese on prepared pans, about 1 1/2- to 2-inches apart. Flatten out each pile of cheese into an oval shape; sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Bake until cheese crisps turn golden and resemble lace cookies, about 5 to 6 minutes. Cool on pan until set and then remove to wire rack to cook completely. Yields 2 cheese crisps per serving.

  

It was a great Saturday Night with our parents filled with great conversation, wonderful food and full of love. One thing I want people to know is that Weight Watchers isn't a diet but a lifestyle change. It is about controlling your portions and learning that maybe it is ok to eat one piece instead of two. It is about getting a little work out in even though you are tired but wanting to stay within your daily and weekly PP. 

Happy Eating!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment