About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Monday, February 28, 2011

Breakfast Taquitos

Hi my name is Christie and I used to be a Whataburger addict……

If you live in Corpus Christi you have more than likely eaten  a Whataburger Taquitos for breakfast.  My personal favorite is Sausage and Egg Taquito with Cheese.  They are quite delicious and their PP is 12! Not too bad if that is what you want to use your points for breakfast but that is not too good if you can eat the same thing for less PP! Sometimes they are not even that big leaving you feel unsatisfied and you end of up eating something else not too long after for even more PP. 

Last week the wonderful WW leader Neida posted on Facebook what she had for breakfast.  It sounds just like a Whataburger Taquito. I thought that I would pick up the ingredients and try it this weekend. My wonderful husband love, love , loves breakfast so I thought we would love this idea.  Here is the 411 on how to make your own Whataburger Taquitos at home for almost half of the PP!

Sausage, Egg and Cheese Taquito

1 Mission Carb Balance Tortilla- 2 PP


2/3 Cup of Jimmy Dean Turkey Crumbles-2 PP



½ Cup of Egg Beaters- 2 PP


1 slice of Kraft FF Cheese- 1 PP



TOTAL:  7 PP
**I don't have a picture of the final product as I was half way through before I realized that that was something I should share!**

Heat the crumbles in a pan or in the microwave.  This takes about 5 minutes. Towards the end of the 5 minutes put the eggbeaters in pan and cook; these cook very quickly.  **You can add the egg to the crumbles to Heat the tortilla in the microwave.   After everything is cooked, assemble in the tortilla. Add the cheese first as the hot contents allow it to melt. 

These were very delicious and tasted just like Whataburgers and maybe even better.   Thanks Neida for the enlighting me!  It was very simple to make and allow your weekend to be that much better…aside from not having to work!

Happy Eating!

Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment