About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Working Out

Activity Points is the only way for you to 'get' points. I once was one that loved playing sports and working out. As I have gotten older and my bones are slowly feeling the affects of my youth (broken arm, torn acl, foot surgery and just plain wear and tear on my bones:).  I also have a full time job and when I get home, going to the gym or working out for an hour isn't on the top of my list.

When I started WW I knew I needed to find something just to get some activity in my day.  I have found two things that work for me: 

1. Wii Fit Plus: my love bug got this for me about 2 years ago when we first started dating. I rarely used it but I did enjoy it. I stared creating work outs and doing different types of activties. Then I discovered the gem: "Free Step". You basically step on and off for 10, 20 or 30 minutes. You can watch TV while doing this and it makes the time go by very quickly.  I did this for the first 2 weeks and it was a very good work out.

2. Active 2:   we picked this up at Best Buy one weekend as we had heard so much about this. It is a total body tracking system that allows you to work out. It tracks your heart rate, arm and leg movements.  One of the main reasons I love this system is you can get a great work out in a short amount of time. I typically burn an average of 140-175 calories in about 20-25 minutes. I love it. When I get home from work, working out isn't on the top of my list. It actually wasn't even on my list until I started WW. This work out can be done on the: Wii, XboX or PS3. I highly recommend this. You can do light work outs, dance aerobics or customize a work out of your choice!


I usually grab a bannana before I work out. It helps kick start my enerfy levels and it is 0 PP.  On average I get about about 12-15 activity points a week. It really doesn't seem like I am even working out and I believe that it has added to me loosing inches. What activity do you add to your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment