About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

When you live in Corpus Christi or Texas in general you know how awesome the Mexican Food is. You also know how much the tasty food can go straight to tummy or booty:) I was quite excited when I found this recipe.   Here you go!


Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
1 spray of cooking spray
1/2 cup, fat free sour cream
8 oz, Reduced Fat Velveeta Light Cheese Product
2 cups, chopped roasted chicken breast
1/4 cup, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp, crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup, fat free evaporate milk
1/4 cup, scallions, green part only-minced
7 corn tortillas

Instructions
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coast a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray

In microwave safe bowl, combine cheese product and sour cream, cover and microwave on high power until cheese melts, about 1.5- 2 minutes. Remove half of melted cheese to small bowl and stir in evaporated milk; set aside.  Add scallions, red pepper flakes and chicken to remaining cheese mixture; stir to coat.

Spoon about 1/3 of cup(**see below**)of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; fold in sides of tortilla to cover filling and place tortillas in single layer in prepared dish; spoon remaining cheese sauce over top and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Bake until cheese topping is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.  Serve with salsa. Yields 1 enchilada per serving.

Serves: 7
Points Plus: 5 per serving ( 2 servings= 9 PP)
Cooking Time: 27


This has become one of my husbands favorites! I made it for friends the other night and it was a hit!

I found this recipe on WW online tools- FIND IT HERE and made modifications: corn instead of flour, no olives and only adding 1/3 of mixture. 2 servings of this is plenty for a dinner!


Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and recipe. Nice kick with the pepper flakes and very creamy! A definite make again in this household!! THanks

    ReplyDelete