About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Not So Sloppy Joes...YUMMO!

On Monday night I decided to try one of the recipes that I saw on the Today show from the FABULOUS Hungry Girl.  She was cooking up Sloppy Joes and it reminded me of how I secretly LOVE THEM! I have never really admitted it becuase of all the grease and fattening meat. I was delighted to find an alternative.  Here are the details:

Ingredients 
1 pound of lean ground meat
1 can of Hunt Manwhich sauce
1 package of Broccoli cole salw
1/ tsp of salt and 1/ 8 tsp of pepper

Instructions: 

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook and crumble until browned and fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
Add slaw and sauce to the skillet and mix well. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook until sauce is hot and slaw has softened, about 6 minutes.
Servings 4 (even though I think it is a tad more:) 1/2 cup of mixture per serving: 3PP per serving
We used Nature's Own Sugar Free Hamburger Buns: 3 PP per bun
I paired this with my new favorite: ALEXIA FRIES: 3 PP for 3 oz (which equals the same as a small fry at Whataburger and that is 13 PP! HOLY MOLY!)
Total Meal: 9 PP and very filling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment