About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 8: Not so Sloppy Joes

A couple of weeks ago I posted this recipe: Not-So-Sloppy-Joes Yummo .  IT was great but it was before I started doing 100 days of Hungry Girl!This dinner turned into great lunch left overs so I decided to include it in the 100 days of HUngry Girl!  It was just as great as the first time! Here is the skinny: 


Ingredients 
1 pound of lean ground meat
1 can of Hunt Manwhich sauce
1 package of Broccoli cole salw
1/ tsp of salt and 1/ 8 tsp of pepper

Instructions: 
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook and crumble until browned and fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
Add slaw and sauce to the skillet and mix well. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook until sauce is hot and slaw has softened, about 6 minutes.
Servings 4 (even though I think it is a tad more:) 1/2 cup of mixture per serving: 3PP per serving
We used Nature's Own Sugar Free Hamburger Buns: 3 PP per bun
I paired this with my new favorite: ALEXIA FRIES: 3 PP for 3 oz (which equals the same as a small fry at Whataburger and that is 13 PP! HOLY MOLY!)
Total Meal: 9 PP and very filling:)

~Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment