About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 2: Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

AS mentioned in LOTS of my posts, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican Food. Being a Corpus resident my entire life this is a no brainer. I have learned that I can have all the punch and zing AND FABULOUSNESS as the fattening versions they serve all around town.  On Tuesday I decided to try the Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken.  Here are the details

Ingredients
1/2 cup of FF refried beans
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 wedges of the Laughing Cow Cheese- Swiss
1/2 cup Fiber One Original Bran Cereal
8 LF Baked tortilla chips, crushed
1 tsp of taco seasoning mix
2 dashes of cayenne pepper
4 five oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup of taco sauce

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray

To make the filling, combine the beans, shredded cheese and cheese wedges. Mix and set aside

In a food processor grind the cereal to a breadcrumb consistency.  Add crushed chips, taco seasoning and cayenne pepper.  Mix well, set on plate and set aside.

Lay chicken cutlets on a plate and spoon mix evenly between all of the chicken. Carefully roll each chicken over the filling and secure with tooth picks.

Cover each stuffed chicken with 1 tbs of taco sauce and carefully roll each chicken in the crumb mixture.  CAREFULLY transfer to baking pan.

Cover baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and outsides are crispy

TADA!

1 Stuffed Chicken: 7 PP
It was very filling (thanks to the power food- refried beans!)
 ~Happy Eating!  

1 comment: