About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 7: Three-Cheese Cannelloni

I have never had a cannelloni before and man I was missing out. I have to admit that i thought this was some sort of pasta and was a little intimated by the fact that I thought I had to SUTFF pasta.  I don't know what I was thinking at the time but I am glad i was wrong. THIS CHICKEN was delightfully YUMMY! Here is the skinny: 


Ingredients
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped spinach 
1/3 cup FF ricotta cheese
2 tsp of reduced fat parmesan cheese
1 tsp chopped garlic
dash ground nutmeg
2 dashs of salt
2 dashes of pepper
1 1/2 pound of chicken
3/4 cup of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp of minced onion
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 stick of light cheese


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place spinach and mushrooms in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, until softened. Blot thoroughly, removing excess liquid. Add ricotta cheese, Parm-style topping, 1/2 tsp. garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Place one chicken cutlet in a large sealable plastic bag and, removing as much air as possible, seal bag. Carefully pound chicken through the bag with a meat mallet or heavy can, until uniformly about 1/3-inch thick. Repeat with second cutlet.

Lay cutlets flat and spread evenly with veggie-cheese mixture. Starting with a longer side, roll up one cutlet (not too tightly or the filling will ooze!), and secure with toothpicks. Place in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Repeat with second cutlet. Cover pan with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, Italian seasoning, and remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic. Mix well and set aside.

Break string cheese into thirds and place in a food processor or blender -- blend at high speed until cheese takes on a shredded or grated consistency. (Or just tear string cheese into pieces and roughly chop.) Set aside.

Remove pan from the oven, and carefully remove foil. Spoon seasoned tomatoes equally over chicken, and sprinkle shredded/grated string cheese evenly over tomatoes. Return to the oven (uncovered) and bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese on top has melted. Remove toothpicks and enjoy!




1 Three Cheese Cannelloni: 6 PP



1 comment: