About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 9: Twice-As-Nice Guapo Taco

Tonight was TACO Tuesday tonight at the Roberts' house! My husband thought it was going to boring taco night...he even brought out the ranch because in his words: " I wasn't sure if it was going to be good or not!" Has he not been eating these other amazing meals! (To his defense he has never been a fan of taco night:) Here is the skinny:
Day 9: Twice-As-Guapo Taco (pg. 346 in Hungry-Girls 300 for 300)
Ingredients
1/4 cup of lean ground beef (we use 96/4)
1/8 tsp of taco seasoning
2 tbsp of FF refried beans
1 medium small/high fiber tortilla with less than 80 calories
1 corn taco shell
1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
1 tbsp of cheese ( I didn't even use cheese:)

Instructions 
Cook the meet and sprinkle the taco seasoning  over the meat and cook until mean is done

In a small bowl nuke the beans until hot, about 15 seconds.

Nuke the tortilla in the microwave until warm, about 10 seconds

Spread the beans evenly over the exposed side of the tortilla, set aside

Warm shell in the over according the directions on the box.  LIne up the shell's bottom wtht he tortilla's center, and align the right side of the shell with the right side of the tortilla

Gently press on the inside of the shell's right side to seal. Pick up the entire right half of the taco-tortilla and align the left side.  Gently press to secure.

Fill shell with HB meat, lettuce, tomatoes and onions.   AND ENJOY THE GOODNESS

1 Taco: 5 PP



I had a 1/2 of cup of this Uncle Ben's 90 second Spanish rice for 3 points .


This whole meal was 13 PP!!!

Overall, this was a perfect Taco Tuesday. I didn't even notice the ranch until I was cleaning up. I asked my husband why he brought it out. He admitted he had been wrong and didn't know why he doubted my cooking and the fabulous 100 days of Hungry Girl! OLE!

~Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment