About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Funyuns + Sour Cream and Onion Chips + Chicken= YES PLEASE!!

Tonight's dinner was AHHHH-MAZING.  Just think: Funyonions + Sour Cream and Onion Chips + Chicken= Pure Delicious!!!

Here are the details:



  • GOOD CHICK LOLLIPOPS! 
  • (click here for a pic)
  • Ingredients

  • 12 ounces chicken breasts, raw, skinless, boneless, evenly cut into six strips
  • ounce Funyuns onion flavored rings , 15 pieces
  • 1/2 ounce sour cream and onion potato chips (recipe calls for the Pringles Light Sour Cream & Onion fat-free potato crisps, 7 crisps)
  • tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
  • teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • dashes garlic powder
  • dashes salt
  • wooden skewers

  • Instructions 

    • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    • Carefully slide each chicken strip lengthwise onto a skewer. Set aside.
    • In a large sealable plastic bag, combine Funyuns, Pringles and seasonings. If you like, add extra seasonings to taste. Seal the bag and crush the chips until they're mostly reduced to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Transfer the seasoned crumbs to a plate, and set aside. Pour egg substitute into a small bowl, and set that aside as well.
    • Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray.
    • Take a chicken skewer and dunk it in the egg substitute -- use a spoon to distribute the egg substitute over all of the chicken. Gently shake the skewer to remove any excess liquid, and then lay the skewer in the seasoned crumbs. Rotate the skewer, pressing it into the crumbs, until it is evenly coated. Use your fingers or a spoon to add and pat crumbs onto any bare spots on the chicken. Transfer to the baking sheet, and repeat with all other chicken skewers.
    • Bake in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes, carefully flipping skewers about halfway through cooking, until chicken is cooked through and coating is crispy. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then enjoy!
    1 serving= 1 skewer= 5 PP

    It was great! Hungry- Girl really hit it out of the park with this recipe!  I had 2 skewers and it was plenty! We also had fries which was 4 PP for 3 ounces! Dinner was so great and I was sooo hungry and it was plenty of food.  


    However, I did realize the importance of working out after you have everything prepared. I didn't work out tonight as we got home from work later. So instead of working out I snacked...and snacked....and snacked....well you get the 
    point. BUT I still counted all my points and I didn't deprive myself of any food so snacking for the win!! :)


    Happy Eating!

    1 comment: