- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 8 oz raw turkey sausage, Italian-style, removed from casings
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, or Baby Bella mushrooms, trimmed, quartered
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas, petite-variety
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers, water-packed, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage stirring and breaking into chunks with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes; remove to a bowl. Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté until browned and tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
In a measuring cup, whisk together flour and milk until smooth; stir into skillet along with peas, salt and black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil; simmer until thickened and peas are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in sausage, roasted peppers and scallions; remove from heat.
Drain pasta; return to pot. Add sausage sauce and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Yields about 2 cups per serving= 11 PP