About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Monday, January 16, 2012

Rigatoni with Creamy Sausage Sauce

I love eating pasta...I mean who doesn't. But what I don't enjoy is the high PP values. I found this delicious recipe on the Weight Watchers site. I thought that I would give it a try and I AM SO GLAD I DID!! Here are the details: 

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
  • 1/8 tsp table salt
  • 8 oz raw turkey sausage, Italian-style, removed from casings
  • 8 oz cremini mushrooms, or Baby Bella mushrooms, trimmed, quartered
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
  • 1 cup(s) frozen green peas, petite-variety
  • 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
  • 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers, water-packed, sliced
  • 1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
  • 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese


Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage stirring and breaking into chunks with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes; remove to a bowl. Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté until browned and tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.

In a measuring cup, whisk together flour and milk until smooth; stir into skillet along with peas, salt and black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil; simmer until thickened and peas are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in sausage, roasted peppers and scallions; remove from heat.

Drain pasta; return to pot. Add sausage sauce and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. 




Yields about 2 cups per serving= 11 PP

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment