About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Sunday, January 8, 2012

HG's Alternate Ultimate Omelette

Today we woke up extra early (for Sunday) and headed to church and helped my generous father make breakfast for the church.  We made taquitos and fruit. I had every intention of eating the taquitos and the fruit (and tracking them:) But after running around, burning my hands and only having 3 minutes to get to our seats, I thought I would wait and cook this omelet recipe I saw on Hungry Girl this week- check it out here!


Ingredients


Filling
1 frozen meatless or turkey sausage patty with 80 calories or less (like the kind by Morningstar Farms or Jimmy Dean)

2/3 cup of Jimmy Dean crumbles
1 slice center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 cup diced tomato

Omelette
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
3 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese



Instructions


Prepare sausage patty and bacon in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (Refer to packages for cook times and temperatures.) Chop or crumble and set aside in a bowl.

Bring a medium skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and pepper. Cook and stir until softened, 3 - 5 minutes. Transfer veggies to the bowl with sausage and bacon. Add tomato, stir, and set aside.

If needed, wash and dry skillet. Remove from heat, re-spray, and bring to medium heat. Add egg substitute and let it coat the skillet bottom. Cover and cook until solid enough to flip, about 3 minutes.

Flip egg and top one half with filling. Sprinkle filling with cheese. Cover skillet and cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute.

Fold egg over filling and transfer to a plate. 



I didn't take a picture because it was 12:30, I hadn't eaten anything and was kinda hungry! This was my first omelet to ever make and it didn't quite "look" like an omelet but it TASTED FANTASTIC!! There was SOOOOO MUCH FOOD! It kept me satisfied until 5:00 and that was after 1 work out and a 3 mile walk with my mom!! I will def. be making this more often!!


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment