About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Monday, January 30, 2012

HG's Chili-rific Cheeseburger

I have never in my life had a chili burger but according to my husband they are pretty freaking fantastic!!! I decided to give them a try after finding this pretty fabulous recipe in my hungry Girl cookbook. It was delicious!! Here are the details:


Ingredients:
1 small hamburger bun
3 oz of lean beef, patty form1 slice fat-free American cheese
 
2 tbsp. low-fat veggie chili 
4 pickle slices/chips 
2 tomato slices 
1 onion slice 
1 tbsp. mustard



Instructions:

  • Split bun in half and toast lightly. 
  • Layer pickles, tomato, and onion on the bottom half of the bun. 
  • Cook  patty  in a pan with nonstick spray, brown and cook until desired  
  • Place burger over the veggies on the bun's bottom half. 
  • Prepare chili according to package directions. Top the burger with the chili and then the cheese slice. 
  • Put the mustard onto the top half of the bun. Plop the bun top over the cheese and chili patty. 
We had the Alexia Harvest Medly Potatoes for the side which really made the dinner even better! 

Burger= 7PP
Potatoes  3oz= 2PP


HAPPY EATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment