About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, January 19, 2012

HG Big Mac...EAT THIS INSTEAD!

As I mentioned here, here, here and here, I LOVE FAST FOOD. I know it is bad for you and all that jazz but it is sooo tasty. So I love finding healthy alternatives! However, this burger was 12 PP and I looked up a Big Mac is 14 PP! But ours was bigger and tastier!!! Here are the details: 


Ingredients:
Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free Thousand Island dressing
1/8 tsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. finely minced onion or 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion 

Sandwich
2 portabella mushroom caps  2 Boca All American Flame Grilled Burger
1 1/2 small light hamburger buns (1 top and 2 bottoms), or HG Alternative!
1/4 cup shredded lettuce, divided
1 slice fat-free American cheese
1 tbsp. diced onion, divided
3 hamburger dill pickle chips



Directions:
To make the sauce, combine dressing, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well. Stir in minced onion and set aside.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Place mushroom caps side by side in the skillet, rounded sides down. Cover and cook until soft, about 4 minutes per side.

Place one bun bottom on a plate, and spread with half of the sauce. Top with half of the lettuce (2 tbsp.), followed by the cheese slice. Place one cooked mushroom cap on top, and sprinkle with half of the diced onion (1/2 tbsp.).

Spread remaining half of the sauce on the other bun bottom, and place it on the sandwich, sauce side up. Top with pickle chips and the remaining 2 tbsp. lettuce. Top with the remaining mushroom cap and remaining 1/2 tbsp. onion. Add the bun top.



I also added sesame seeds on top of the bun to make it look like the Big Mac!


This was delicious and very filling! My husband and I thought the sauce really did taste like the really thing!! We ate this with Alexia Fries- 3 oz for 3 PP!!


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment