About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1-2-3 Alarm Chili

A cold front blew in last night and so I thought it would be a perfect night for crockpot chili! Lucky for me, there was this chili recipe in my new Hungry Girl cookbook I received for Christmas:) We didn't get to come home form lucy because as mentioned yesterday we work at a university and first day of classes is tomorrow! So we prepared everything before we left for work! It turned out AWESOME AND IT WAS FILLING!! This is the best chili I have made in a while as I was starting to doubt my chili making abilities! Here are the details: 

Ingredients: 

  • One 29-oz. can tomato sauce
  • One 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
  • One 15-oz. can chili beans (pinto beans in chili sauce), not drained
  • One 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup frozen sliced or chopped carrots
  • 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
  • 2 bell peppers (different colors), chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 - 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, sauce reserved
  • 2 tsp. chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
  • Optional: salt

I didn't put those ingredients because we simply didn't have them:) But it came out great!

Instructions: 

  1. Combine all ingredients except turkey and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 tsp. adobo sauce from the canned chipotle peppers. Mix to combine and coat all of the beans and veggies with sauce. 
  2. Put turkey in the bottom of a crock pot and break it up into small chunks. Top with the mixture from the large bowl, and mix well. 
  3. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours. 
  4. Stir to distribute turkey. If you like, add salt to taste. 





It was great! It was 4PP for one cup which is ALOT of chili! I added 2 tbsp of cheese and 1 tbsp of sour cream. I also cooked corn muffins and they were yummy and only 3 PP!! 

I thought I would eat another bowl but it was very filling!!

HAPPY EATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment