About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, January 12, 2012

BLT Soup

Tonight I did not feel like cooking. I was even tempted by my hubby to order pizza but I decided I would be better off making a simple dinner:): So decided to make chicken salad and soup. I found this awesome soup recipe on...where else HUNGRY GIRL!! She rocks. This recipe was very easy and quick to make AND SOOOO DELICIOUS!! Here are the details: 


Ingredients
2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
1 slice light bread
1 clove garlic, halved widthwise
1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 large tomato)
1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium tomato soup with 4g fat or less per serving
2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
Optional: fat-free sour cream



Instructions: 
Prepare bacon in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (Refer to package for cook time and temperature.) Chop or crumble and set aside.

Toast bread slice and gently rub both sides with cut sides of garlic clove halves; discard clove halves. Cut bread into 1-inch squares and set aside.

In a nonstick pot over medium heat on the stove, cook and stir chopped tomato until softened, about 3 minutes.

Add tomato soup and stir. Bring to a low boil. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.

Serve topped with bacon and garlic-toast squares. If you like, top with sour cream.



Makes 2 servings


1 1/4 cup of soup= 5 PP


YUMMY! The fresh tomatoes really made the soup! 

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment