About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hungry Girl Crock Pot BBQ Chicken

This is a very busy time for my husband and I. We both work at a college and the beginning of semester so I knew we would both be very tired when we came home today SO I dececded it would be a crock pot night!! Boy that was a great idea...if I must say so myself!  And what makes it even better is that my husband put everything together while I was working through lunch! What a sweetie:) Here are the details: 


Ingredients
1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder
Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste



Instructions


  1. Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours OR on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
  3. Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce.
  4. If you're serving a group, keep the crock pot on its lowest setting, so the chicken stays warm. If you like, season to taste with red pepper flakes. Eat up!
1/2 cup of chicken = 4 PP ( I only had 1/4 cup and it was enough!)
This is the picture from the HG site:) 

I put mine between Italian Bread and 1 piece of FF cheese and it was GREAT!! I LOVED IT!

Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment