About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beefy Cheesey Burritos and discoveries (good and bad)

Tonight was great! I came home, made dinner, went to my parents house and relaxed in bed playing on the computer while watching Friends for the thousandth time! It was great however I had plans to work out but today at work I decided to try these energy strips you put on your tounge: 





I thought they were working great and pretty cool...except on the way home I started to get this nauseous feeling. I didn't feel good at all. Since I work at a college they were giving these away at the book store because it is the beginning of the semester...a coworker picked some up and I tried 2! I also discovered I am a pretty good sales woman as I got 8 people to try it too! I did give them the for warning I had no I idea what would happen. I also gave instructions that if they found me passed out on my desk to call my husband!! Luckily the side effects didn't hit until the way home, which of course my husband to the opportunity to let me know it wasn't good to try stuff like this and he is right (shhhhhh don't tell I admitted this freely). 


So I decided to forgo on my work out and make dinner....which was pretty freaking delicious! I did learn a couple things tonight: 
1. I don't like bison ground beef
2. I am super very happy that I use 96/4 gound beef. It taste sooo much better
3. I LOVE HUNGRY GIRL's new an innovated ways to cook things!!  

Here is the skinny: 


Tonight we had the HG Beefy Cheesy Burrito Supreme!


Ingredients: 
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large 
1/2  soy crumbles (like Boca Ground Burger or Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles) 
3 oz of ground beef (as mentioned above I used bison, I will use regular ground beef instead of bison)
1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese 
1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow cheese, Light Original Swiss 
1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream 
1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
1/2 tsp. taco sauce 



Instructions: 


Good beef until brown, once brown,  add Laughing Cow cheese and taco seasoning mix and stir. After about 3 minutes add taco sauce.
Lay tortilla out on a large microwave-safe plate, and then warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Place the soy crumble mixture in the center of the tortilla. 
Cover the mixture with the shredded cheese. Place the tortilla, open-faced, in the microwave for about 40 seconds (until shredded cheese has melted slightly). 
Remove plate from the microwave, and place sour cream on top of the melty cheese layer. Then, wrap the tortilla up by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up from the bottom. With the seam side down on the plate, heat the wrap in the microwave for another 30 seconds. 
Enjoy!
1 Burrito = 9 PP 

This was GREAT...even with the bison:) It was cheesy goodness!! All I heard my husband say was: this tastes like TACO BELL!!!! He also said: I like eating meat that isn't so greasy! I am proud! He always asks me if you we can get the fatty meats but today we have a victory!! The rice is another story...it is spanish rice from HEB and while it was good, it was 5 PP for 1/3 cup!  You can get 1 cup of rice for 5 PP!!! A bad choice for sure...live and learn.  This burrito was fantabulous, scrumptious and will made again in our house!


And here is an adorable picture my mother took tonight of all the puppies (the curly hair one is mine and the other cuties are my parents (which includes me in the background:)  

Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment