About Me

My photo
I am a newlywed in my twenties. I love life and everything it brings me. I love finding a good deal, online news junkie and watching TV. I am learning how to eat healthier by following the Weight Watcher Points Plus Program!! 'Nothing Tastes as Good as SKINNY FEELS'

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

This weekend was full of 2 yummy dinners and 1 delicious breakfast! It is amazing how awesome these meals were and amazing low in points plus values. So let's begin: Saturday night I cooked a delightful dinner that I must admit I was a little weary when I started making it. SO my best advice is to cook it with skepticism and then when you are done, smile and think: WOW THIS WAS GREAT!!




Ingredients:
    One 9.75oz. (or 10oz.) can 98% fat-free chunk white chicken based in water, drained and flaked
    11 1/5 oz. of chicken breast, cooked and cut into chunks:) 
    One 10.75oz. can 98% fat-free cream of celery condensed soup 
    2/3 cup frozen bite-sized mixed veggies
    1/2 cup salsa Six 6-inch corn tortillas 
    1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided 
    Optional: salt and black pepper


Instructions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2.  In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, veggies, and salsa. If you like, add salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. 
  3. Spray a baking disk with nonstick spray. 
  4. Break tortillas in pieces about the size of tortilla chips. Lay half of the tortilla pieces along the bottom of the cooking dish.
  5. Evenly layer half of the chicken mixture over the tortilla pieces. 
  6. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Lay remaining tortilla pieces over the cheese. Top evenly with the rest of the chicken mixture, followed by the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until edges are brown and crispy. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
  7.  Eat up! Makes 4 servings.


1 VERY LARGE piece = 7 PP



This is kinda messy but I was hungry and digging in:) 

Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment